Friday, March 4, 2016

Car Ride

I have headphones in, and my head bobs along to the music. I stare out the window at the trees and mountainsides. My suitcase is in the trunk, but my snow-boots sit at my feet, so that I can pull them on when we arrive. We've driven for an hour already, and I'm feeling just a little bit dizzy. I cough, and cross my legs. Turning the volume up, I look at the road ahead. 45 minutes, 30 minutes more. Here we come...
I haven't skied all season, and I'm excited, and nervous. Once we get to the house, well settle in. Tomorrow I will take the ski lift to the very top. I can't wait!

8 comments:

  1. You did great job describing how you feel in that moment; great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice slice! I love the detail.. thinking ahead much? (haha your at my house...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did an amazing job. I really like how you wrote in the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun! i love how descriptive you are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. super descriptive, have fun skiing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job! You really described the moment

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like how descriptive you were!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can picture the moment well, which is really cool. Good job!

    ReplyDelete