Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Slice of Life

My backpack feels like it is full of bricks. I carry a bag, my lunchbox, a jacket and shoes. I fumble my way in to the seat, and drop it all beneath me, sighing. I buckle my seatbelt as the car starts to roll along. The roads are icy, but not dangerous. Music from the radio quietly plays as we turn on to Colfax. We speed up, and I know that I will not be late. When I do show up, I am not late. I gather my things and walk in to the school. The classroom is quiet and empty when I walk in. I grab my binder and head to the Spanish classroom.

8 comments:

  1. I really like your slice it totally describes what happens to you on a Tuesday morning. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job. I like the detail on your post. It makes me wonder if you wrote this while you were actually in the car. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice capture of the scene, you did a great job describing it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice slice!I love the description!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great first few lines. So descriptive-I totally feel like I'm in the moment, fumbling and sighing. Definitely captures the feeling of early morning.

    ReplyDelete