Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Saving Francesca by Melina Marchetta

Saving Francesca is about a girl in high school who goes to St. Sebastians a former boy's school that has only a few other girls in it. All of her other friends go to Pius Senior College, but her mother wouldn't let her go there.  There are no girls who she is similar to or is friends with. And other than one boy named Will, none of the boys are interesting to her. And in her home life her mother is depressed. Francesca doesn't feel like she has anyone to relate to and she feels really alone. The book is set in Australia so the general culture is sort of different. I thought that the plot was really good and you really like the main character. If the story sounds interesting than I would recommend this book.
Over winter break I may read Looking for Alibrandi, another book by the same author. I also wanted to read See You At Harrys so those are the books I may read.

2 comments: