Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Water for Elephants, Week 1

This week I started reading Water for Elephants, which is about an old man telling the story of when he was a kid and he worked at the circus. He was a veterinarian, and he worked with the animals. This book is kind of a mystery, and about circuses that traveled on trains. A good part that sets the scene is when he is describing the circus tent. I peer inside. The tent is enormous, as tall as the sky, and supported by long straight poles jutting in different angles. The canvas is taut and nearly translucent-- sunlight filters through the material and seams, illuminating the largest candy stand of all. This book isn't very inappropriate, and it is very good!!!

2 comments:

  1. This book has been on my to be read list for a while, and this summary made me want to read it even more. I like your summary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is not very appropriate, but the descriptions are good.

    ReplyDelete