Monday, April 25, 2016

I Remember Beirut by Zeina Abirached

This book was a graphic novel about a little girl growing up in Lebanon. It goes through her whole childhood while the war is going on. She talks about her house, and how the buses wouldn’t go where she lived because it was too dangerous, so she had to take a taxi cab to school every day. She talks about having to spend nights at school with all the other students for fear of the war. She kept a bag packed unless she and her family had to escape. She also talks about the war being over and moving to France. I liked this book because you really get to know the character. It was a really quick read, and was a really cool graphic novel because it was in black and white. I would definitely recommend this book for a quick read or getting to know more about other countries!

3 comments:

  1. Cool! I will definitely put this on my TBRL, as it covers a lot of topics I am interested in. Awesome review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an interesting book, I might read it, nice review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds a lot like Persepolis, which I would recommend reading if you haven't already.

    ReplyDelete